ORLANDO, Fla. (May 9, 2016) - Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO), the world’s largest vacation ownership company and a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies (NYSE: WYN), won the ACE Innovator Award, along with 12 other prestigious industry awards, at the annual American Resort Development Association (ARDA) Awards Gala at the Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Florida on Wednesday, May 4, 2016.
The ACE Innovator Award recognizes the company’s development of a groundbreaking product, service or concept. In 2015, WVO became the first developer in timeshare history to launch a comprehensive, proactive, and uniquely positive approach to help longtime owners seeking to exit their timeshare. Ovation by Wyndham offers simple, safe and secure options for owners in situations where lifestyle or vacation preferences have changed. There are no fees, hidden costs or additional purchases required to participate in the program. With various options available for owners who qualify, more than 16,000 owners have accepted assistance through Ovation by Wyndham.
“Since our inception 50 years ago, WVO’s vacation products have continuously evolved to meet our owner expectations and the needs of consumers in the ever-changing marketplace,” said Franz Hanning, president and chief executive officer at WVO. “With an owner base of nearly 900,000 families, we recognize there are those who’ve spent years vacationing with us, but are now searching for help transitioning into the next phase where owning a timeshare is no longer viable. Ovation by Wyndham offers credible options for owners ready to close their vacation ownership chapter with us. We remain committed to our promise of delivering the best vacation ownership experience — from beginning to end.”
WVO was also recognized with the following awards:
- ACE International Spirit of Hospitality: Markus Sigmann, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific (WVRAP)
- Human Resources Team: Human Resources Hospitality Field Recruiting Team
- Training and Development Team: Department Manager Bench Program
- Resort General Manager: Raymond Smalley, Wyndham Harbour Lights
- Marketing Program: Priority One Marketing Model (P1)
- Marketing Manager: Robert George, Director, Urban Marketing
- Marketing Management Executive: Russ Gilliland, VP Marketing, Gulf Region
- Sales Management Executive: Dana Peterson, SVP, WVO Telesales
- Salesperson - Traditional Line: Andrew Wetherington, Front Line Sales Representative - Kaua‛i
- Magazine – Electronic: Destinations (July 2015)
- Magazine Advertisement: Ovation by Wyndham Advertorial
- Construction/Design Project Manager: Carly Morris, WVRAP
ARDA is the Washington D.C.-based professional association representing the vacation ownership and resort development industries.
About Wyndham Vacation Ownership:
Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide’s (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world’s largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its seven primary consumer brands, CLUB WYNDHAM®, WorldMark® by Wyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM ASIA®, WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club, Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham and WYNDHAM CLUB BRASILSM. As of December 31, 2015, we have developed or acquired 213 vacation ownership resorts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America and the South Pacific that represent more than 24,000 individual vacation ownership units and nearly 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is headquartered in Orlando, Fla., and is supported by approximately 17,700 associates globally.
# # #
Manager, PR & Media Relations
Wyndham Vacation Ownership