Parsippany, N.J. (November 11, 2016) – Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) today signed the Statement of Support of the Employer Support of Guard & Reserve (ESGR) at its Parsippany, NJ campus. In a ceremony attended by ESGR officials and Wyndham Worldwide associates, the Company became an official member of the Statement of Support Program, a Department of Defense initiative that aims to increase employer support for military service in the National Guard and Reserve.
“At Wyndham Worldwide, supporting our nation’s active service members and veterans is part of our commitment to the communities around us,” said Patricia Lee, senior vice president and chief diversity officer, Wyndham Worldwide. “We recognize the unique backgrounds and experiences our service members have to offer and we view veteran recruitment as an ingredient to our success.”
To deepen its commitment to recruiting and retaining veterans, Wyndham Worldwide has recently partnered with Bridging the Gap, a nonprofit organization that provides military veterans with career coaching and networking opportunities. “Translating skills developed during military service to competencies needed in a corporate setting is an important aspect of effective veteran recruitment,” says Eric Thompson, vice president, operational excellence and former National Guardsman. “Bridging the Gap is providing guidance and connections to veteran job seekers, and we’re pleased to be a part of this employer-patriot partnership.”
Once a member of the team, the Company offers Impacting Veteran Opportunities at Wyndham Worldwide, or I-VOW, an associate business group dedicated to professional development and the sharing of ideas and experiences for veterans in the workplace.
From recruiting efforts, to a dedicated vacation club for military, to doing business with veteran-owned suppliers, Wyndham Worldwide participates in a range of programs and initiatives to welcome those who serve:
- Veteran Reserved Parking: This Veterans Day, the Super 8® hotel brand is implementing reserved parking spaces for veterans at every hotel across the U.S. and Canada, prominently featuring the spaces near the entrances of nearly 1,800 hotels. Complementing the installation of the signs is a special 20 percent discount for all active and retired military members – a 5 percent increase of the brand’s standard military discount – during the month of November.
- No Cost Hotel Rooms: Providing hotel rooms at no cost when in need, Wyndham Hotel Group also participates in Hotels for Heroes, a program run by Fisher House, a network of “comfort homes” where families of wounded, injured, and ill military service members can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment. Wyndham Rewards® members are able to donate points to support families in the Hotels for Heroes program.
- Vacation Discounts: Armed Forces Vacation Club® and Veterans Holidays®, programs that provide discounted vacations to active duty, guard, reserve, retired and veteran members of the U.S. Armed Forces, are offering increased discounts in recognition of Veterans Day.
- Associate Business Group: I-VOW, which stands for Impacting Veteran Opportunities at Wyndham Worldwide, is a dedicated associate business group to engage veteran associates and supporters in creating a veteran-friendly organization. I-VOW, which boasts more than 300 members today, provides support to veterans through mentoring, identification of work opportunities, and engagement in community projects.
- Supporting Veteran-owned Suppliers: Its award-winning supplier diversity program, which was recognized by U.S. Veterans Magazine’s in 2014 for its commitment to supporting veteran-owned businesses.
Supporting all who serve is an important aspect of Wyndham Worldwide’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. “At Wyndham Worldwide, diversity is at the heart of what we do,” said Lee. “Travel enables people of varied nationalities and backgrounds to meet and experience different cultures, raising our collective understanding and appreciation for each other around the world. And that includes the unique views and experiences our veterans have, and can contribute to our mission to welcome people to travel the way they want.”
Wyndham Worldwide is open for business for veterans. Visit our Careers page to meet some of the many veteran associates within our ranks: http://wyndh.am/2fInz0n
About Wyndham Worldwide:
Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) is one of the largest global hospitality companies, providing travelers with access to a collection of trusted hospitality brands in hotels, vacation ownership, and unique accommodations including vacation exchange, holiday parks, and managed home rentals. With a collective inventory of more than 120,000 places to stay across 100 countries on six continents, Wyndham Worldwide and its 38,000 associates welcomes people to experience travel the way they want. This is enhanced by Wyndham Rewards®, the Company’s re-imagined guest loyalty program across its businesses, which is making it simpler for members to earn more rewards and redeem their points faster. For more information, please visit www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Public Relations Manager